What is the Auto Hold Button for?
NEWS
 

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    83

    What is the Auto Hold Button for?

    I have an 07. What is this button for? I do not have a manual.

    thanks in advance guys

  2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    78
    Holds your car in place when stopped. So you don't need to keep your foot on the brake. I have an 07 manual, but I see no need to ever use it.

  4. #3
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarrett4 View Post
    Holds your car in place when stopped. So you don't need to keep your foot on the brake. I have an 07 manual, but I see no need to ever use it.
    Thanks for the info. Since you have manual I was wondering if you could tell me where my aux jack is. I have a 6 disc oem.

    Thanks

  5. #4
    Moderate Moderator Steve in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,794
    The way I understand it, when you're holding the car in place with auto-hold, the brake lights are not lit up. Just something to be aware of.

  6. #5
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    83
    thanks, I did some inspecting today before leaving for work. I found the aux port and as i was in the glove box.. i saw this orange tag, decided to pull it and guess what came out. The manual

    I did play with the auto hold, its quite nice. Are you able to change the brake lights with vag-com?

  7. #6
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    18
    Works great when waiting for the bridge to go by or when parked on an incline... not like we have any mountainous roads in South Florida lol but still.

  8. #7
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by JHEIII View Post
    Works great when waiting for the bridge to go by or when parked on an incline... not like we have any mountainous roads in South Florida lol but still.
    Your mountains are speed bumps to us northerners.

  9. #8
    2nd Gear
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by joey3002 View Post
    thanks, I did some inspecting today before leaving for work. I found the aux port and as i was in the glove box.. i saw this orange tag, decided to pull it and guess what came out. The manual

    I did play with the auto hold, its quite nice. Are you able to change the brake lights with vag-com?
    There aren't any settings you can change.

    Read through this thread an it kinda explains why the tail lights aren't left on
    http://www.passatworld.com/forums/74...ke-lights.html

    Sent from my EVO

  10. #9
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    83
    Bill, what are you using on your Evo to access this forum? Tapatalk does not have this forum

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
    There aren't any settings you can change.

    Read through this thread an it kinda explains why the tail lights aren't left on
    http://www.passatworld.com/forums/74...ke-lights.html

    Sent from my EVO

  11. #10
    2nd Gear
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by joey3002 View Post
    Bill, what are you using on your Evo to access this forum? Tapatalk does not have this forum

    thanks
    apps called autoguide

  12. #11
    Neutral
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
    apps called autoguide
    not worth me paying 3.x when tapatalk works perfect... but thanks for the info

  13. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2