Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Admins fix the problem.

849 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  xSSxDevillex 
#1 ·
Admins, there is a serious issue with the required 2 post minimum to post in other areas of the pw forums. I have posted the 2 required posts in the noob tube section as required, and am still not able to post in other areas of the site. I have previously requested help with this same specific issue, but I'm presuming none of you admins gives a sh*t about this. So what is the problem with this.

#2 ·
I have previously requested help with this same specific issue, but I'm presuming none of you admins gives a sh*t about this. So what is the problem with this.
This is the first I've seen of this. From whom did you request help?

I just checked your status and the system acknowledges you have surpassed the two-post minimum. You should be able to post in the general forums.
You won't be able to post in the Classified Forum until you surpass 25 posts. http://www.passatworld.com/forums/1...there-25-post-requirement-make-post-here.html

If you're still having problems, PM me or one of the other admins and we'll do what we can to get things working correctly.

#3 ·
Thank you for the response Steve. I had posted this question in the noob tube section that requests you post there before moving on. As for the 25 minimum on the classifieds section. This is just a thought, but perhaps change that 25 minimum requirement to stand towards those attempting to sell items, a and not towards those who are trying to purchase items. This may in the end help both those trying to purchase, and those who have posted items for sale.

Thank you Steve for looking into my issue, I appreciate it.

#4 ·
...perhaps change that 25 minimum requirement to stand towards those attempting to sell items, and not towards those who are trying to purchase items.
I don't know how that could be set up in the software.

Even with only 5 posts, you could always PM a seller to purchase something you saw listed in the classifieds.

Try posting in one of the general forums to verify your account is working as it should.

#5 ·
I'll give that a shot Steve, I'm sure there is a member in or forums that may have the knowledge of this matter. After all, someone chose the #25 and the #2 as a numerical value for the posts required to post in those locations. Perhaps finding the value and changing it, or adding in the code to add that value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.