Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Im new, but I cant post in the Noob Tube (requisite two posts)...now what do I do?

80K views 440 replies 364 participants last post by  Rennell 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A number of new users have sent me PMs recently, saying that they can not post. I have talked with the site administrator, and this is what is believed to be going on:

Email providers are blocking our email outputs as spam, we have been trying to deal with the issue. If a user is in that user group ask them what email provider they use...

Comcast
bell south
AOL

are a few that block us or throttle us as spam

Here is what I have for other sites.
Hey Everyone,

To address the Sites concerns about email notifications either not being sent or being sent late. We are aware of the situation and are working on getting it fixed. If you are having issues with email notifications please contact your email provider and ask them to allow our email server to send notifications without being blocked as spam.

Right now the biggest companies we are having issues with are
- comcast
- bell south
- Aol
- Yahoo

Basically the email provider is either throttling our emails OR blocking them all together.

EXAMPLE: Comcast
Their ISP is throttling our email server. This means that all emails sent from our server are being slowly allowed to pass through their block. As in they only allow X amount ( lets say 100 ) emails in for every Y amount of time ( lets say 1hour ) this means that every hour only 100 emails are getting through. This causes a HUGE back up and eventually we stop trying to send the email after 7 days.

EXAMPLE: Bell South
They are blocking our mail server all together. They see us as spam.

We have contacted the email providers in question and the issue is resolved for a few days hours even but then goes back to not allowing us as spam

Since we are not a client of Comcast or Bell south or Yahoo or AOL they are not as helpful as they would be if their clients were the ones asking to have us unblocked. So if you are having issues it would help if you did contact your network provider and have them UN block our email server.
if that doesn't work, send Urlik, Steve in Chicago or VAGguy a PM and they will try to help you. I am no longer a moderator on the site.

Jay

#196 ·
posting is like my new to me Passat, I have to fix something else in order to get something non related to work XD because you cannot spell Passat without pain in the ass PAinintheASSAT, greetings from Mexico, I just got a 2.8 ATQ FWD 2001.5 Passat GLX. 130k miles on her one owner. i´ll be making time in order to ask some questions in the proper threads.

#201 ·
You will not be able to post to classifieds until you have at a minimum of 25 community posts and your account has been cleared/reviewed by an admin/moderator (usually within a few hours of your 25th post).

This policy is in effect to prevent "hit and run" classifieds and spam posts overall. We have implemented this policy after years of experience with "drive by" for sale or event postings. We have concluded that if a user is not an active member of the community, and is not going to follow up inquiries and update their classifieds within the forum, then they frustrate regular users that seek to use the classifieds and other forums to find helpful information and/or parts.

:wrench:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.