Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Before you begin, please edit your "Account Settings"

83K views 250 replies 214 participants last post by  SteveRiggs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After you register, one of the first things you should do is to edit all of the setting in your user control panel, aka user CP. The link to your user CP can be found toward the top-left of every page in the discussion forum.

Things you want to look at first are your image, email and PM settings under "Options" in your User CP.

Common problems by not editing your settings:
1. Instead of pictures showing up, the URL of the image shows up n your posts, and other people's posts as well. You can change this in your User CP.

2. No email notifications regarding subscribed threads. This too can be edited in your User CP.

EDIT:

To check and admin your personal settings, look for a pull-down menu called "Forum Actions" located roughly top center of the page.

The Forum Actions menu allows you to access "General Settings" and "Edit Profile".

Also, the box in the upper right of the page has a "Settings" link you can click on to access your subscribed threads and some user settings.

#3 · (Edited)
Relay Module for Engine Cooling Fans

Can I use a 1J0919506G instead of a 1J0919506K, I have a Skoda Octavia 2000, 1.6 engine. None of the fans starts neither the air compressor. My car came with 1J0919506K. A local VW reseller recommend me to use 1J0919506G. I tried with this 1J0919506G but the fans did not started. Is this 1J0919506G part compatible for this vehicle?

#7 ·
The GREEK said:
After you register, one of the first things you should do is to edit all of the setting in your user control panel, aka user CP. The link to your user CP can be found toward the top-left of every page in the discussion forum.

Things you want to look at first are your image, email and PM settings under "Options" in your User CP.

Common problems by not editing your settings:
1. Instead of pictures showing up, the URL of the image shows up n your posts, and other people's posts as well. You can change this in your User CP.

2. No email notifications regarding subscribed threads. This too can be edited in your User CP.
hi there i have done what was said on ur message, i still carnt get me pics on here thanks buddy

#8 ·
Question

New to the forum.... What would any body recommend to look for as to total mileage on a used Passat years 2001.5 - Present? (Under....?#) Also I've read about other members commenting on the expensive high octane gas.... do Passat's only require higher quality gas when the engine is hooked up?

#14 ·
New to the forum.... What would any body recommend to look for as to total mileage on a used Passat years 2001.5 - Present? (Under....?#) Also I've read about other members commenting on the expensive high octane gas.... do Passat's only require higher quality gas when the engine is hooked up?
Mine is TDI Diesel and has 59750 miles on it first registered April 2001.

That is a start point
jannerhank

#11 ·
my first input

Hi all, I have just registered as member and would like to be counted among the Passat owners. I have the 1.8T 2001 B5.5, bought in December last year (and by the way I live in South Africa). Already have a comment/question, first of all I enjoy the car a lot but the problem is that sometimes when the engine is still cold the car will have a slight vibration and it will not respond to fuel inputs. It just crawls on first gear and then after a minute it comes back again. Any advice?

#23 ·
The image has to be hosted somewhere else on the web, like your own webiste or Photobucket or Flickr or whatever. Then the IMG icon helps you create a link to the image (format is [ IMG ]http://www.yourwebaddress.com/imagename.jpg[/ IMG] - note unnecessary spaces put in so it will show you the code) and the image will show in the post.

If you don't understand, go to any post with a picture, press QUOTE button and read the code in the quoted text. Just don't hit Send. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.