Fuses: 2002 B5.5 (1.8t) WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By e_janks

Thread: Fuses: 2002 B5.5 (1.8t) WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Neutral

Fuses: 2002 B5.5 (1.8t) WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

If you're looking for a fuse that isn't in the side-of-dashboard fusebox, it's probably buried behind the underbelly of your dashboard.

The fuses I needed to replace were
    -Rear Seat Cigarette Fuse
    -Rear 12v Power Plug

To access the area behind your fuse panel, you need to remove four hex-head bolts. I recommend using the proper tool for this (found at any hardware store). Never damage any part of your car if its unavoidable. The bolts are located
    1. Under the fuse panel cover
    2. Under the fuse panel cover
    3. Along the top edge of the coin-pocket (lower left side of dash belly)
    4. Along the top edge of a big void in the underbelly (right side of dash belly)

Once the screws are removed, pop the underbelly from its plastic clips along the top seam. I used my fingers, you can use a screwdriver or a plastic wedge tool but DO NOT DAMAGE YOUR CAR at all costs. After those clips have been pulled apart, pull the entire plastic belly forward about 4 inches to slide it out of its mounting clip (deep in the footwell). The belly is now free, and you can rest it on the floor. It should look like this:

Full size image: http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4636/imag3370.jpg

The rear seat cigarette lighter fuse is in an orange bracket. It is a 20 amp fuse.
    The trunk compartment 12v plugs are the lowest two 20 amp fuses. They are side by side, as are your outlets. The two outlets are individually fused.

There are also a few other fuses under this panel, as well as two 50 amp fuses (probably a/c..etc) which I don't know the identity of.
    cleoo, Child_Healer and tjb like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

tjb
    Neutral
    Thanks for this ... with the visual ID, I could reach in and replace the rear lighter fuse without taking the knee bolster off. Looked hopeless when I was peering in there without knowing where it was.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information