Passenger side heated seat will not work
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Passenger side heated seat will not work

Hi VW buddies I have a 2003 Vw Passat Wagon v-6 4motion and have noticed that the passenger side seat heater is not working at this time. In September my car went to the dealership they had my car for about 5 hours while all the recalls were being done or at least that's what they told me. My heated passenger seat worked just fine last winter now I am wondering if I got a bad part or something. What I want to know is if anyone could tell me what part that I am looking for on the invoice that they gave me. When they finished the recalls they gave me a print out of all the recalls done. There are a lot things that just say switch and have a FP number beside it. What I was wondering is if anyone knows what part numbers are associated with the heated seat recall??? Also does anyone know the specifics of the recall? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Super Stealth Retired Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    chances it isn't the fuse, as the fuse would prevent both seats from working (iirc). it might be the switch on the dash that you select the heater level with that is broken - post the replaced part numbers and we'll be able to tell you what they replaced.

Neutral
    Ok here goes:

1- PKM2- M2 Recall
    1- 1JM-971-396 -Harness
    1- N-020-902-2 -Tie Wrap
    1- N-020-904-8 -Tie Wrap
    3B0-963-564-K-01C -Switch
    1- PKN4 -N4 Recall
    1- 1C0-945-511-A-NAR- Switch
    1- PKR5V6- R5 Recall
    2- N-908-235-01- Screw
    1- 3B0-825-675- Heatshield
    1- 3B0-825-676- Heatshield
    1- PKP9- P9 Recall
    1- AKD-497-010-04-NAR- SealG Cord

Here is the list of all the recall parts that listed on the page and replaced. I also wanted to mention that this morning when I turned the car on to warm up the air bag light came on and stayed on and the message center said air bag fault. I don't know if these problems are related but I have never seen the air bag fault untill today. I do wonder if the cold temperature outside could of had something to do with the airbag. It was 22 degrees this morning. Is it possible for the airbag to freeze up?? I don't know much about that. Thanks for reading.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information