Here's what I know:
1. Starter motor cranks strong but engine doesn't start.
2. Pulled one spark plug and verified I've got spark.
3. No voltage at two outer pins of fuel pump connector at fuel pump.
4. Pulled fuel pump relay - hooked up coil directly to battery, relay clicks and get continuity across pins 30-87 and 30-87a.
5. Checked voltage at relay socket for coil - with ignition switch on, only about 8.5V. Wired that to relay coil and confirmed that is not enough voltage to close relay (no click).
6. Plugged in jumper wire across relay socket pins 30-87 and get battery voltage at the two outer pins of the fuel pump connector.
7. Tried to start car with relay jumper wire installed but no start. But I did not jumper relay pins 30-87a - does anyone know what that part of the relay does? Will the car run without that jumpered?
Any thoughts of why the low voltage at the relay socket for the coil?
Thanks in advance.