Did I test Kombi Valve correctly???
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    1st Gear

Did I test Kombi Valve correctly???

2000 2.8 V6 manual tranny. This car has two Kombi valves (combination/EGR Valves). I hookup up a vacuum line directly to the right valve and it does not hold the vacuum. I hooked up the left in the same manner, and it holds vacuum--at least it doesn't drop immediately or quickly. I tested with the engine off. I have already test the SAIP and it is functioning. The Vacuum Solenoid tested ok also. Did I test the Kombi valves correctly???????

Anyone know of a supplier for the right-side Kombi (part # 078-131-102-F) with a price under $142.00 (1stvwparts.com). Thanks.
    Last edited by EdMartin(PhatCat); 03-28-2009 at 10:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMartin View Post
    I hookup up a vacuum line directly to the right valve and it does not hold the vacuum. ... Did I test the Kombi valves correctly???????...
    It should hold vacuum and remain open. Not sure of another source for a better price though.

1st Gear
    Well, since the right Kombi valve won't hold a vacuum, I ordered one for $142.00 from 1stvwautoparts.com. Prob. put it in as I do valve cover gasket and cam tensioner gasket & seal on right side. Replacing engine mounts and front snub also. Guess this how you keep a car going 9 years and have friends wanting to know if you will sell it.

1st Gear
    try a junkyard? those engines came around 97. earlier are 12valve, idk about the egr valve on those

6. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information