2000 Passat V6 wont start!!! No spark !!! need help desperately!!
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

2000 Passat V6 wont start!!! No spark !!! need help desperately!!

hey Guys, thanks in advance for reading and any input will be greatly appreciated!! I got a 2000 Passat V6 2.8 and this thing will not start! engine turns over but no start! I've checked timing and that's good, There's no spark coming out of the Coil pack so i know it is in fact a spark issue. I pulled the coil pack out of my friends 2000 passat that runs perfect nad still no spark, so i tried his ECU (luckly the same exsact part numbers) and again, no start w/ his ECU. i put my ECU and Coilpack in his passat and it starts perfectly. I was looking for the ICM (ignition control Module) on these cars but i do't see one. Does anyone know if the V6s have ICM? i know the 1.8Ts and 2.7Ts have them but i don't know about the 2.8 V6. If it has one please let me know where it's located, if it doesn't, please give me some input on what could be the problem. Is there anything between the ECU and Coilpack in these cars? Thank you so much in advance, Hopefully someone can give me some light here!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    There is no ICM per se in the V6. It's part of the coil packs. The only thing that I can think of where the ECM will not fire the car is if the engine speed sensor is bad.

Super Stealth Retired Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    does it turn over at all? does the starter engage? we need more info...

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTheSnork View Post
    does it turn over at all? does the starter engage? we need more info...
    I did write that the eng. turns over, but no start. the starter engages but there's no spark coming out of the coil pack.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by kenblasko View Post
    There is no ICM per se in the V6. It's part of the coil packs. The only thing that I can think of where the ECM will not fire the car is if the engine speed sensor is bad.
    yeah it could be, do you know where the eng speed sensor is located on that engine? Thanks for the input.

Neutral
    Does your key remote work to unlock the doors?

In reverse, but chained to a tree.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kenblasko View Post
    good idea!

it can be located on the driver side of the engine, and can be seen from behind the wheel, looking up just at the rear of the subframe. and about a foot up there.

it is black, sort of rounded, and has one bolt holding it in place.

permanent magnet device that generates an AC current, so if you can't quite find it, or you think you may see it, you can easily detect it by holding a magnet on a stick towards it. it will repel you.

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Does your key remote work to unlock the doors?
    This has nothing to do with the car not firing. It's not a CCM issue since his car is a 2000 and turns over.

Yes, sipes216 is correct on the sensor.

06A 906 433 C for the auto tranny.
    078 906 433 B for the manual tranny.

If should look like this. http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ition%20Sensor

3rd Gear
    Do you have power to the coil pack connector? And ground? They can be checked with a voltmeter by unplugging the connector at the coil pack - I think the "front" wire is hot and the second from the "front" is the ground.

2nd Gear
    I hate the be the one who asks, but have you confirmed that the camshafts are rotating?

In reverse, but chained to a tree.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris30vB5.5 View Post
    I hate the be the one who asks, but have you confirmed that the camshafts are rotating?
    would still spark, wouldn't it?

Neutral
    Sipes, if the TB was broken, the camshaft wouldn't spin, and there would be no spark for the CPS.

Sno

2nd Gear
    I think this is wrong. I think that initial spark timing is done off of the crankshaft position sensor/rpm sensor. I believe that the cam sensor is used for "fine tuning" of the spark advance and also for fuel injector timing once the engine is running.

15. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information