Auto Door Locks, Won't Unlock
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Auto Door Locks, Won't Unlock

My auto door locks engage perfectly, but they do not auto unlock. Do I need to reprogram them with VAG-COM or is it something else??? It is really annoying!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear

Locks

What car? if W8 search on W8 Gremlins. there is a module in the trunk that can get wet and freak out convenience-control options.

Neutral
    2005 Passat TDI GL 95000 miles

Neutral
    ttt

In reverse, but chained to a tree.
    Blog Entries
    damn... 2005 and you have THAT many miles on her??!
    wow
    if you've been moving around that much, then i'd check the CCM connectors, and make sure everything is connected good & solid.

4th Gear
    You should check the setting with a VAG-COM setup. Different setting for auto lock and auto unlock. Where are you located??

Neutral
    I am in MN. I drive 75 miles to work each way. So I put about 42-45k just for work a year.

Neutral
    I am going to try to find someone local with a VAG-COM and see what we can do. The dealer wants $25.00-30.00 to do it, but I bet a 12 pack of Leinenkugels for a lucky member should do the trick.

wait, auto UN-lock? I did not know..... I have an 04 GLS and hasn't done it since I bought it at 17K. Is this just one of those hidden features you can unlock (no pun intended) with Vagcom , or is it supposed to do that all the time?

3rd Gear
    Yes, auto unlock can be programmed with the paid version of VAG-COM. When you remove the key from the ignition, all doors unlock. I've found it to be a very useful function. From the factory, this is not enabled.

I also programmed the key fob to unlock all four doors with a single press (instead of two). This I could do with the shareware version of VAG-COM. I have a 2003 BTW.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by grommit View Post
    Yes, auto unlock can be programmed with the paid version of VAG-COM. When you remove the key from the ignition, all doors unlock. I've found it to be a very useful function. From the factory, this is not enabled.
    understandably, can you imagine the lawsuits if someone was in a bad neighborhood and got carjacked (orworse) cause all of the doors unlocked when they pulled the key?:Yikes:

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by slc_vt98 View Post
    understandably, can you imagine the lawsuits if someone was in a bad neighborhood and got carjacked (orworse) cause all of the doors unlocked when they pulled the key?:Yikes:
    In this situation you can control when the doors unlock by waiting to pull out the key. I have rented some American cars where the doors unlock as soon as you put the automatic into park. Now this is dangerous!

Neutral
    Yes, thats understandable. At least with the way mine is set up right now. As soon as I grab the door handle the driver side door unlocks and I can get out without my little monkey in the back heading out before I can get to him. It is almost like having a backup set of child doors.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by grommit View Post
    In this situation you can control when the doors unlock by waiting to pull out the key. I have rented some American cars where the doors unlock as soon as you put the automatic into park. Now this is dangerous!
    yes I been in those too. Even worse are the ones that auto lock but don't unlock when you get out.
    I once got out parked on a up hill with it running. Door closed behind me and there I am in a field with a locked running truck.

Neutral
    Edit: Damn I forgot to ask my original question. Does anyone know how to, or can point me to the info to, enable the auto unlock function using VAG-COM? I thought I read in my owner's manual that this should be enabled by default. Hopefully it's as simple as turning it back on and there's not something wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by slc_vt98 View Post
    yes I been in those too. Even worse are the ones that auto lock but don't unlock when you get out.
    I once got out parked on a up hill with it running. Door closed behind me and there I am in a field with a locked running truck.
    I had that happen once too. It was a snowy weekend day at the gas station where I worked. Part of my job that day was to clear off the rental cars we kept on the lot and move them around so that the plow guy could clear the lot. I got in one, started it, and moved it a little. Then I got out to clear off the car while the engine warmed up, naturally shutting the door behind me as to not get snow in the car... Luckily, in my case, the plow guy was also one of the co-owners of the garage who also happened to be the one who ran their towing operation. He wasn't very happy about it, but they were able to get the tools to open it up...

Stupid Fords...

17. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information