1.8t obd drive cycle procedure (for obd readiness)
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    3rd Gear

1.8t obd drive cycle procedure (for obd readiness)

here it is, it was helpful to me in diagnosing a cel, instead of waiting a week to check itself. during the cycle you cant turn off the ignition or it wont work.

step 1
    (engine cold) start engine, idle 20 seconds. accelerate gradually and drive at 20-25 mph for 1 minute, varying speed.

step 2
    accelerate gradually to 32 mph within 35 seconds. decelerate to 0 mphin 10 seconds. idle for 40 seconds.

step 3
    accelerate at part throttle to 36 mph and maintain for 10 seconds. cruise at 17 - 25 mph for 15 seconds. accelerate to 57 mph in 45 seconds. cruise at 50-56 mph for 1 minute. decelerate gradually to 0 mph in 40 seconds. idle for 15 seconds.

step 4
    accelerate at part throttleto 36 mph and maintain for 10 seconds. decelerate to 0 mphin 15 seconds. idle for 5 seconds.

step 5
    accel to 30 mph and back to 0 mph within 30 seconds. idle for 20 seconds.

step 6
    accel to 36 mph in 20 seconds. drive at 35 mph for 20 seconds. decel to 0 mph in 15 seconds. let idle for 5 sec.

step 7
    accel gradually to 26 mph and decel to 0 mph within 40 seconds. idle for 15 seconds.

step 8
    accel to 27 mph in 40 seconds. decel to 0 in 10 seconds. idle 25 seconds.

step 9
    accel to 26 mph in 15 sec. maintain speed for 10 seconds. decel to 0 mph in 10 seconds. idle 15 seconds.

step 10
    accel to 23 mph in 20 sec. decel to 0.5 mph in 10 seconds (no complete stop) accelerate to 28 mph and back to 0 mph (momentary stop 1 sec.) within 35 seconds.

step 11
    accel gradually to 34 mph in 45 seconds. vary speed between 34 and 19 for 2 minutes. decelerate from 25 mphto 0 mph in 25 sec. idle for 5 sec.

step 12
    accel to 29 mph in 15 seconds. decel gradually to 0 mph in 45 seconds. idle for 30 seconds.

step 13
    accelerate gradually to 28 mph and back to 0 mph (momentary stop 1 sec) within 50 seconds accel gradually to 27 mph and back to 0 within 55 seconds. idle for 15 seconds.

step 14
    accel to 24 mph and back to 0 mph within 18 seconds. idle for 10 seconds.accel gradually to 22 mph and back to 0 within 50 seconds.idle for 8 seconds.

step 15
    accelerate gradually to 30 mph within 50 seconds. decel to 0 mph in 10 seconds. idle for 25 seconds.

step 16
    accel to 23 mph and back to 0 mph within 30 seconds. idle for 10 seconds.

step 17
    repeat steps 1 - 16 again. most systems will get ready in 1 cycle, but a few may require two to achieve readiness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Founder of the STFA

New reality TV show, "Set my VW readiness codes". Each step can progress toward a top prize of 1 million euros.

2nd Gear
    My town is too small for this test, I'd be on the highway by step 3.

Neutral
    Where is the warning in step 2 that tells you to remove the guy who was following you from the trunk ... 32 to 0 in 10 9 8 7 ... kerunch.

Is there somone I can call to get all other roadusers banned from the stretch of road I want to play on .... to do that I'll be watching the stopwatch more than the road ....

Fortunately in the UK the testers aren't allowed to interrogate the cars onboard diagnostics, if the emissions from the tailpipe are OK then that is all they care about. That all sounds like a load of old cobblers some politician dreampt up without really knowing WTF he was talking about .. not that they would ever do that of course.

Neutral
    Just a quick note to say thank you. Believe it or not it worked for me. I actually have a 2.8 V6 that had 150 miles on it and still was not "ready", so I drove 12 miles and did that exercise, and it worked. I recommend having a buddy read it off to you. It can actually be quite fun albeit dangerous to do it. Thanks Passat World!

Neutral
    OMG Is there anything simple on these cars ?? anything at all ?

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightsun View Post
    OMG Is there anything simple on these cars ?? anything at all ?
    I find it simple to enjoy!

9. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information