Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

stray cats keep sleeping on my car .....

15K views 61 replies 31 participants last post by  jwil 
#1 ·
There are tons of stray cats in the area I live. At night they like to sleep on my black car, heat or whatever there reasons may be. I need to stop this crap because the scratch my paint and leave a nasty oil where they sleep. Any ideas on how to take care of this problem. I have no garage, and am willing to kill.

#28 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (flying_scotsman)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I thought The Stray Cats split up years ago. Didn't realise they'd hit such hard times.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO

Please, do not hurt the cats. Cats can't stand citrus smells. Pour some citrus cleaner around your car.

#29 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (dapperdill)

Oh for the love of.........I was freaking kidding about shooting the cats people......I do not shoot the cats. I trap them, a trap that I had to spend my OWN money on, and I give them to the Humane shelter.....

I don't like them, in fact I hate cats, as well does my German Shepherd, but no cats were harmed during the typing of this post....

LIGHTEN UP fellows, go for a drive and calm down........

And yes for you flame me YET again, we had cats, and I still hate them....they were my wife's and we found good homes for them.......

[Modified by MeinPassat, 11:42 AM 7/12/2002]

<![CDATA[Oh for the love of.........I was freaking kidding about shooting the cats people......I do not shoot the cats. I trap them, a trap that I had to spend my OWN money on, and I give them to the Humane shelter.....

I don't like them, in fact I hate cats, as well does my German Shepherd, but no cats were harmed during the typing of this post....

LIGHTEN UP fellows, go for a drive and calm down........

And yes for you flame me YET again, we had cats, and I still hate them....they were my wife's and we found good homes for them.......

#31 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (duandcc)

Why don't you take a step away from the keyboard, and smell the sarcasm you thin skinned twit. Jesus, WTF is wrong with you to think that any of us actually shoot cats for fun. I have actually owned and cared for several cats and don't find the topic of animal cruelty funny in the least.

My comment was just pointing out the leap of logic that you made by taking these comments seiously. Fuck man, lighten the hell up before you blow an aneurysm.

While you're at it, think about the cruelty of people buying a cute little kitten for their spoiled kid only to chuck it out of the house at maturity, thereby creating the stray problem. Or why not rail against people keeping an animal as a pet and interrupting it's natural life behavior in the first place.

Dumb ass.

#33 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (aowhaus)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>You could also try spreading moth balls around your driveway -- dogs and cats hate that smell.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would hate to have the job of collecting moth balls... Where do you find tweezers that small? Then to throw them on the ground after all that hard work of collecting them.

Now if they did that to the cats, you wouldn’t have this problem.

#36 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (Onyx Dragon)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>tell them they were a terrible '80s band as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey now, The Stray Cats were a kick ass rockabilly band. If you don't like rockabilly that's fine, but they were faithful to the tradition (Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, etc.)

#37 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (dapperdill)

You'll never kill The Stray Cats. Their music will live on forever!

Besides, a .22 doesn't have much punch. Now, if you rigged trip wires around the car attached to claymores, THEN you'd get 'em good. Those little buggers wouldn't be strumming their guitars again in a hurry. Not sure ths insurance company would pay for the resultant damage to your car though, but it'd be worth it for us to see the photos.

The hook has been baited, the line cast. Now we wait for a nibble.

#38 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (jwil)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> thin skinned twit.
Fuck man, lighten the hell up before you blow an aneurysm.
Dumb ass.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just pointing out that even joking about animal cruelty ISN'T FUNNY. You know animal cruelty is the first step to human cruelty. Serial killers usually start by torturing animals. This just goes to show what kind of a person you really are, and I'm ashamed to have you included in humanity…

Go back to Vortex where you belong. I never called anybody names or cursed them, and I don't think it is appropriate behavior here at CB5. This place was created so that we could get away from the immature flaming that is so common on Vortex. Either grow up or leave.

#39 ·

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I was just pointing out that even joking about animal cruelty ISN'T FUNNY. You know animal cruelty is the first step to human cruelty. Serial killers usually start by torturing animals. This just goes to show what kind of a person you really are, and I'm ashamed to have you included in humanity…

Go back to Vortex where you belong. I never called anybody names or cursed them, and I don't think it is appropriate behavior here at CB5. This place was created so that we could get away from the immature flaming that is so common on Vortex. Either grow up or leave. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting response. Let me refresh your, apparently short, memory. My original comment:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Yeah, since stray cats are an endagered species.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your response:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>No, but the CAN feel pain...YOU ASS!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another fact:

My posts on CB5: 1684
My posts on Vortex: 156

Your posts on CB5: 1446
Your posts on Vortex: 2917

I think we know who belongs on Vortex, it's flame baiting trolls like yourself. You made a huge leap of reasoning by taking my comment, which was obviously toungue in cheek, far too seriously. Then you responded with the first flame. Don't go around claiming to be innocent when your the individual that started the whole thing, now go sit in a corner and think about that until you grow up.

It must suck to be so damn sensitive that every little off color joke make you so angry you have start an argument over it. Get over yourself.

#40 ·

Your right about one thing, I did call you an ass first. I'm sorry about that. It's just that animal cruelty really gets to me, even joking about it. I wasn't flame trolling, ask around, I very seldomly get into arguements with others here or on Vortex. At any rate, if you wre joking, then I'm sorry for yelling at you, but I found the joke humorless.

#41 ·

Fair enough, apology accepted. I know my humor can be a bit crude, but I try to make it obvious enough that people can recognize it for what it is, simple sarcasm. I'm sorry it offended you.

Hopefully I'll be admitted back into humanity now.

#42 ·

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hopefully I'll be admitted back into humanity now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if I can be too...

#44 ·

How about me, I was the one that started this by posting one little joke.......

Remember I WAS joking....Now lets shake hands and talk about cars....

#45 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (MeinPassat)

Go ahead, ban me but +I am NOT kissing any of you guys.

#47 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (scoreboard)

All the suggestions that the other members suggested sound great.
(Except the ones using violence of course, No need for that)
Why not try staying in the car and waiting for them, then just when they get comfy, scare the crap out of them.

#49 ·
Re: stray cats keep sleeping on my car ..... (B5sport)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> scare the crap out of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you'd have to wash your car, crap is yucky...

#51 ·

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ok, you guys are freaking me out now. First we talk about Mein's nads, now we are talking about kissing each other.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you don't like to

go straight for the

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.