Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

The Stig finally fingers the Veyron!

21K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  20vvillian 
G
#1 ·
Top Gear Filming with not one but THREE Bugatti Veyron loaners in the UAE

ABU DHABI - Psst, buddy, can you spare me a sports car? Yes, evidently, three of them. This weekend Top Gear, the UK-based car magazine, which is in the country for a photo shoot, sent out an urgent request for an unusual car, the million-dollar Bugatti Veyron.

It was hoping for one. Instead, it was offered three of the vehicles, which cost more than Dhs 4.4 million (USD $1.2m) each. “No other place in the world could we have found three Bugattis in a span of 48 hours,” said a relieved Charlie Turner, the creative director for the magazine.

the cars were tracked down by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and belong to local owners who wish to remain anonymous. Built by Volkswagen, the 1,000-horsepower vehicle can reach 255 MPH (407 KPH). One car in the shoot, a gleaming aluminium-bodied model, is one of only five in the world.

The Corniche area and Jabel Hafeet were briefly closed off for the shoot, which featured the Stig, Top Gear’s mysterious, overall-clad driver. Top Gear, paired with a BBC television show of the same name, sells more than a million copies a month.

Well here we are folks in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Top Gear UK’s favorite and definitely my favorite TV show and magazine is filming with THREE Bugatti Veyrons. The BBC show’s crew was jaw droppingly surprised to find all 3 loaner Bugatti Veyrons. The team racecar driver THE STIG was also there. All the Veyrons were heading to the Marina Mall in downtown Abu Dhabi. Transport Officers had to close several roads for the photoshoot.

Oh almost forgot, part of the shoot was on top of the Jabel Hafeet mountains, and the amazing roads leading upto and through it. Boy, would this be a helluva fun joyride!

More Pics of the this superb driving road
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1332205&postcount=10

Lastly, there is also a rumor going around that there was a Koenigsegg CCX spotted during the photoshoot. So will they do some sort of a race with THE STIG, involving the 3 Veryons & the CCX?? Anybody’s guess but I defnitely cannot wait for the 11th season of this show to get started here shortly this summer. Oh and I really hope they get something with the US version up and going, too bad Jay Leno refused to host it.

See less See more
#4 ·
I am still confused why Bugatti let the yahoos at 5th gear take it on the track, but not TG.

This makes me even more excited for the upcoming series. (although IO heard they may not be in HD until the fall series)

#7 ·
I am still confused why Bugatti let the yahoos at 5th gear take it on the track, but not TG.
Yahoo is hardly the term I would use to describe Tiff Needell. It may not have the humor or production value of Top Gear, but 5th Gear is a much better show for people that actually care about car performance.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge Top Gear fan as well, just trying to shed some light on the situation.

#19 ·
That is super duper cool. Gee, did I just say that? I mght as well just say it like this....Thuper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.