Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

225/35 on a 9.5" wide wheel?

8K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  quality_sound 
#1 ·
My plan is to run a 225/35/20 on my 20x9.5 rear wheels,always has been my plan until I second guessed myself.Is this tooo extreme or just kinda extreme?

#6 ·
b5-turbonium said:
225/35 is too large, 225/30 is the proper size but since the siedwall is so small I doubt it will stretch on a 9.5. I've seen 225/30 stretched on 9 and even thats was pushing it. btw with a 9.5" wheel up front you'de want a 28-32 et,
You will need 235 and it ill still be VERY stretched..

225 onmy 19x9 was very stretched and 245 on my 19X10 was very stretched, so 235 will still be very stretched.

#11 ·
b5-turbonium said:
ehhh, it'll be a tough mount, cuz like I said in my previous post theres hardly any sidewall to "stretch" here is how my 235s looked on 9.5s, easy stretch cuz theres tons of sidewall.

Mine were 19's and they stretched okay.. 20's shouldn't be that much more..

#12 ·
funny how a pic brings back so many memories.I would love to go with a 35 series sidewall,trust me but with the air ride an constant up an down(ok not constant,but ya know)somthing nice an small is ideal to fit in the wells properly an away from suspension components.

#18 ·
The wheel wells are so large on these cars that if you can find a nice sexy an simple 20" wheel its easy to pull off.I am tryin to push the limits of this car,by exceeding what I have yet to see done to any wagon in the u.s(note I said wagon,I seen plenty of hot sedans an I had one last summer).

#20 ·
dub-on-dubs said:
The wheel wells are so large on these cars that if you can find a nice sexy an simple 20" wheel its easy to pull off.I am tryin to push the limits of this car,by exceeding what I have yet to see done to any wagon in the u.s(note I said wagon,I seen plenty of hot sedans an I had one last summer).
Salty had a wagon on 20s for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.