Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

P1602 - Car won't start

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ddrink 
#1 ·
First I want to say thank you for the awesome knowledge base on this forum. I’ve been reading a lot, but not posting much. So far everything I’ve needed to do I’ve been able to find on the forum.

Tonight after work I was swapping out some interior lights for LEDs. I did the three overhead console bulbs and all was good. When I pulled the puddle light from the driver’s door, I noticed all the interior lights when out. I finished putting the puddle light back together and still nothing. Now, when I turn the key my DRLs come one, idiot lights come on and the stereo works, but the car won’t start.
I pulled the codes and got:
18010 – Power Supply Terminal 30 Voltage too Low
P1602 – 35 -10- --Intermittent
Reading old threads a lot of info pointed towards the battery. I checked the voltage; key off I have 12.38, ignition on if have 12.20, key forward it dipped to 11.5.

I’m looking for input on where to look next.

Dan

Car is a 02 GLS 2.8

See less See more
#2 ·
First check the simplest explanation, check fuse #14 (red 10A) and not just a visual check. Use a volt meter or replace the fuse with a new one. Fuse 14 feeds interior lighting and the CCM and will cause a no start condition if blown.

If that fails to solve things I would start where the problem began the puddle light, inspect the wiring for damage and change back to a standard bulb.

Read the special notes here, especially the last sentence.
18010/P1602/005634 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Fuse Diagram - PassatB5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.