Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Anyone have a FMIC?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  vwsweg 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm running similar, but stayed away from that one for a seemingly small reason. for my straight b5, the lack of pressure sensor port was nice, but I don't see the stub for diverter valve hookup. Fitment was surprisingly decent, though. My kit only came with straight couplers, though, so I had to pick one up for the throttle body. That one appears to have the step coupler for it from the pictures shown, but does only list as: "4 X Silicone Hoses"

#4 ·
Black intercoolers have a substantial difference to the regular silver ones. It's been proven that even spray painting an intercooler black drops the outlet air by at least 7 degrees. So that JDM one looks pretty tempting and a lot of pipes.

#12 ·
#14 ·
FMIC kit:

BK Silicon Intercooler Kit Aluminum Piping for 96 01 VW Passat Audi A4 B5 1 8T | eBay

TB coupler:

Black 1 75'' 2 5'' Straight Turbo Reducer Silicone Hose 45mm to 63mm Coupler | eBay

minor reshaping had to be done to the mounting pieces for the intercooler itself for my car. Not sure if the b5.5 fits any different or not. Either way, the redrill and trimming was minor enough that I wouldn't worry about it if I had to do it again.
Thanks I'll check it out and I know i'll have to custom fit it, passats aren't the most modified volkswagen out there...

#13 ·
I made my FMIC from an ebay kit (IC,couplers, t-clamps). You basically have to mount the IC then custom cut your pipes to fit. I also had to have a bung welded on for a sensor. It was like 200$ and has worked great. Although, I did have to have the piping flair'd because the boost was popping the piping from the couplers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.