Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

fuel door and power lock wiring for B5 wagon

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rb25064 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I'm a B5 noob, but I'm coming up to speed pretty fast. I just bought a 99' wagon with water ingress, I've checked all the posts about it but still can't find which wires in the harness control the power door locks and the fuel door. If any one knows what the wire colors are it would sure help.

Thanks

#2 ·
Not sure on the wire colors (Bentley manual's at another loc'n), but I believe you can manually open the fuel door by reaching into the trunk on RHS panel to manually pull a lever to open the fuel door. I've never had to do this on my '99 B5, but on other VW's w/power locks. they have capability to manually open the fuel door.

The control signal for the power door locks are routed through the door control module in each door.

By the way, have you ever owned/tried to repair a vehicle (manufactured since 1995) that has had water ingress? Far too many electrical connectors for my level of patience. :crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.