Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

ST coil-over install

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  JordanW 
#1 ·
We are having a problem with getting this one bolt off, the upper control arm(s) bolt. I took the wheel off and got a picture. The bolt highlighted in yellow is what's the trouble. The tech says that he has never seen one this way, the nut and bolt head are backwards. He is experienced with the B5, even owning a B5.5 TDI Wagon. I also circled the two top arm bolts in red, I think this is how Sean did his car.

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes it's backward--the nut end should be facing out, which makes it easier to hammer out.

Looks like you are stuck with having to twist off the head and then use a drift to drive out the pinch bolt.

Upon reinstallation of the new bolt, coat it liberally with antisieze, and remove it to recoat it every year or so.

#11 ·
I just bought ST coilovers yesterday for my 2004 1.8T 4motion. I was only wanting to drop my car about 2 inches cause I'm sick of my car looking like a truck. I would like to know if I would need a camber kit after dropping my vehicle. I'm new to this forum and this is one of my first post on here. Any help and knowledge would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.