Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Tuning with Eurodyne Maestro on AEB

11K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  kadeemmeggett 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I've scoured this forum and I haven't found much information covering Eurodyne Maestro; only a ton of questions left unanswered. I've been tuning my car with Maestro for some time now and I must say it is an awesome program. I will say this though, I am no professional at it, yet.

I've been successful in tuning the fuel maps, and making the car very powerful. BUT, one area that I am lacking knowledge in is TIMING!! I have read and read and I haven't found an informative thread on how to "safely" and properly adjust timing.

I will share how I go about tuning my car; and hopefully some others can chime in with their knowledge of Eurodyne Maestro.

This video is of my latest third gear pull from when I was doing street tuning with a larger methanol injection nozzle

So normally this is how I will go about doing an adjustment to my tune.....

I'll get on the street ( preferably 95 or the turnpike where I can do a 4th gear pull ).
I'll hook up my laptop and eurodyne dongle... go to Eurodyne Flash, then Measuring Blocks.
( I use measuring blocks because I am narrowband AEB; so I can't use the data logger )
Then I click "Create log for AEB".
So now I'm good to start my pulls or whatever it is I'm trying to log.
What sucks about being narrow band, is that I can't record wide-band/boost information, So I find myself
having to record my boost/AFR/RPM while I do my pulls so I have something to compare the data against.

When I'm finished doing my pulls and get home; ( or pull over ) I pull up the Maestro program.
Load my most recent tune that I have flashed my ECU with, and also load the recent data log I created.

From here you can run the histogram against the tune; and what it will do is use what was logged, to highlight
the blocks on your tune ( main fuel correction in this instance ) that were being used for those pulls.

From this point I go frame by frame on my phone checking AFR/RPM; then adjust the cells that were highlighted ( as well as the ones around in the same load category ).
Normally I highlight a cell, and go to "math functions" and use ADD/SUBTRACT percentages... I'll go as much as 4 percent if I'm a whole number off.
One thing that you need to understand is that eurodyne uses 'interpolation'; youll notice that there's not a cell for EVERY SINGLE RPM. That it's scattered a bit,
something around 500rpm between values. What eurodyne does between these values is interpolates. SO, here is my demonstration of which.....

4500 - 2.0000
(2.500) There is no cell between these values, but the computer will interpolate them, meaning find the midpoint between the two and use that
5000 - 3.0000
(3.500) Keep this in mind when you make adjustments.
5500 - 4.0000

When I'm done adjusted my cells; I save it, and flash my ECU, and do it all over again! Until it shows up how I want it to.

------------------

Understand that I'm no professional at this; and that I am merely showing you guys what has worked for me. This is also why I come to you knowledgeable folk asking
for help on adjusting my timing.

I'm assuming that I would not only do the logs, pulls, and histogram... but do another log with VAG COM to see exactly what my timing is doing. I'm just not completely familiar with what my safe range is going to be before I am stressing my engine too much.

Hopefully we can stir up some good info in this thread!!

:salute:

See less See more
#4 ·
So it seems nobody is interested nor educated on this I guess.

I've been advancing my timing 5% by 5% and then monitoring and making logs with VAG COM blocks 020 and 003 checking for timing retard and BTDC.

so far I've got no retard and quite a bit more pep in the lower end and a ton more wheel spin up top.

Am I right in assuming that I can continue to advance timing until I start to see timing retard in 020?

#11 ·
So it seems nobody is interested nor educated on this I guess. I've been advancing my timing 5% by 5% and then monitoring and making logs with VAG COM blocks 020 and 003 checking for timing retard and BTDC. so far I've got no retard and quite a bit more pep in the lower end and a ton more wheel spin up top. Am I right in assuming that I can continue to advance timing until I start to see timing retard in 020?
3 degrees is what u need

#5 ·
Hows this going? Im really thinking about getting ng this software and sell my pc16 ecu and buy another stock to tune with. Im sick of my a/f being richer then 10.0 from when wvwe I go wot till around 5000. Then from there up to 6300 it makes its way back to 12.4. Wich is too lean.

Did you start with ome of the 4 free base files and then tweak that? Orb did you just start from scratch

#7 ·
the tuning is going well; it's definitely worth the money. F4M0U5 I would start with adjusting fuel trims to get everything in order for you. Do a data log, and then run the histogram to see what cell areas are being used when you're under load, then adjust them and the surrounding data; I use the math functions and adjust by percentages.

I used the 630cc base file and went from there.

-BEE5- If you can do logs and send me the log and current tune, I can do some adjusting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.