B5.5 2002 130 TDi G180 crash sensor trouble I wanna swallow a grenade
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

B5.5 2002 130 TDi G180 crash sensor trouble I wanna swallow a grenade

Hi folks

I'm at a dead end with this one I've had a g180 fault on my passat initially after researching on the forums I thought dodgy sensor so got 3 from the scrap yard tried all three and the fault still remains. I've tried to clear it each time using the little computer and each time on the 3 sensors I got from the breakers the light never go's out

Back to the origional sensor

When I clear the fault with the original sensor fitted the light go's out for a few mins then comes back on!

Following more forum searches I pulled the carpets up center consul out and checked the harness found two rusty eart wires and a dodgy earth joint the dodgy earth joint was in the airbag module loom and the two rust earth points were the convienence module and the airbag harness coming from the main module to the passenger door frame so I sorted all those out soldered all the joints cleaned all the surfaces on the earth points fitted the original sensor again cleared the fault and the light went off put the car back together last night it stopped off

Got up to go to work this morning started the car

Guess what

No

Wait for it

AIRBAG FAULT G180 CRASH SENSOR PASSENGER SIDE

if anyone heard a loud scream in the northeast this morning around 6:45 it was me!!!!

Any ideas on this would be massively appreciated matches and petrol are not an option petrol is too dear lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Welcome. To your knowledge, has the vehicle ever been in an accident or ever had maintenance performed which would involve some type of involvement of the airbag system?

I would recommend checking all the connections for the airbag wiring to include disconnecting and reconnecting the components.

Here is some information from Ross-Tech's wiki: 01222

Do you know exactly what fault code is being registered?
    Last edited by hu vw; 05-17-2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: spelling

1st Gear
    X2. Check the connections under the passenger seat and apply some De-Oxit on them for good measure. I've found that a lot of the little electrical demons in the car can be traced to oxidized connections.

Neutral
    Cheers for the replies guys ill try the de Ox spray next then I'm looking at a module next I'm thinking. The car has never been in an accident and no airbags have ever been deployed I have 3 extra sensors all with identical part numbers am I right in thinking these should be compatible or are they coded to the car they came from?

6. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information