I am new to Passat's so I am hearing some key things after digging through various threads. Hoping some of you could post your top 10 things that HAVE to be done or you will be sorry! I'll start with what I have learned and maybe you can clarify some of this.
1. Use synthetic oil. seafoam is your friend. Also...
2. after heavy driving let your car sit for a minute.
3. punch out the water drains under the battery and brake reservoir.
4. do the timing belt regularly.
5. use the correct VW collant.
6. if you use an x type of air filter do ____
7. if you change the oil don't drain the transmission by accident.
8. when changing your oil filter wrap it in a plastic grocery bag as you unscrew it.