03 1.8t Trans shifts hard into drive..
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

03 1.8t Trans shifts hard into drive..

Ok, well im new here so ill just be short and sweet. I have an 03 1.8t B5.5. Auto trans I have this issue with my trans so when I go from park into drive/ reverse it shifts really hard like, but after in drive it shifts perfectly smooth into other gears. I have an AEM oil free cone filter that i have inside my passenger side fender well, with the mass air flow sensor mounted where it was with the stock box, Other then that the only mod I have done to the car is Straight pipe after the down pipe and a 2000 Front clip on there, and misc. electronics inside like radio, subs, ect... does anyone have a clue as to why it may be doing this? i notice it after I changed my intake so as of right now I have the stock air box back in and it seem fine, any help would be helpful, Thanks in advanced!!!

This is the car in case anyone was curious as to what it looked like

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Overdrive
    I'm not sure exactly what was happening, BUT - since most cone filter installations on these cars are a bad idea, and going back to stock apparently fixed it, I don't think this needs further thought. Air/fuel issues have been known to mimic transmission misbehavior before.

Neutral
    I think it has to do with the MAF, it may have been unpluged of pluged in backwards before, when I unplug mine which i have done in the past to check it for problems it will engage hard into drive and reverse. Sounds like its a non issue now anyway.

Neutral
    nice looking 5.5 btw

Neutral
    thanks man, i was thinking it maybe a mass air flow sensor, i was asking a few guy in my shop, i work at a firestone and they said it maybe a MAF sensor too

7. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information