other locations of cruise control fuse???
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Question other locations of cruise control fuse???

Hi there,

I was reading a lot of posts about cruise control not working. I saw one on a different site that i am not registered on, but it talked about there not being any metal contacts where the fuse for the cc is suppose to go and no wiring going to that fuse number. someone also had mentioned that they thought there was another spot under the dash where the relays are that there was another spot for the cc fuse. I have this problem. I have checked the pedal switch and the cc module under the glove box but i am not sure how to tell if the switch is bad. I checked by blowing in the end of it with the plunger all the way in and there was no leak. i also opened up the module and didnt see any signs of cracked solder joints? I am not very handy with a multi meter for the bentley tests. I also checked the ccm under the carpet and there were absolutely no signs of water at all. So i guess my question is does anyone know where the other location for the fuse is or is there any other ways to check the switch and the cc module? Thank you to any suggestions you may have. I have a 98 passat 1.8t tiptronic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    To the best of my knowledge, without looking at the schematic, I don't think that there is a separate CC fuse. The cruise control module is powered through the multi-function switch on the transmission, so if the trans is working OK, the next place to interrupt the current is the stalk switch. Power to the cruise module is at terminal 8, I think, which you should find if the ignition is switched On, cruise switch is On, and the car is in shifted to Drive. I've been through all this before, so I'll check more notes later.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by ylwagon View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, without looking at the schematic, I don't think that there is a separate CC fuse. The cruise control module is powered through the multi-function switch on the transmission, so if the trans is working OK, the next place to interrupt the current is the stalk switch. Power to the cruise module is at terminal 8, I think, which you should find if the ignition is switched On, cruise switch is On, and the car is in shifted to Drive. I've been through all this before, so I'll check more notes later.
    so by stalk switch, do you mean the actual switch to turn on the cc. also terminal 8 would be where? is it possible that is is the switch itself?

4th Gear
    Yes, the actual switch on the left-hand lever is in the circuit to power the module, and also the vacuum pump (from what I remember). "Terminal 8" is at the connector on the cruise control module. There are also terminals there for ground, brake lights (normally grounded through the bulbs unless the brakes are applied), vehicle speed pulsed signal, resume, accel, outputs for pump and solenoid, etc. Usually the contacts in the stalk switch are the problem, however I went through a lot of trouble-shooting, only to end up installing a used module.

6. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information