Build Sheet
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Build Sheet

Neutral

Build Sheet

Anyone know a site where you can check your VW VIN build sheet? The only thing I know about the car it's a GLS, but would like to know what's actually installed on the vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    There really weren't that many option packages available for the Passat. Any factory options you might have will be easily visible. The build sticker for your car is in your manual and spare tire well, but I don't know if anybody's put together a decode for it.

For my 2004 GLS, I think your avail. options were: Leather, ESP, Cold Weather (heated seats and block heater), engine choice, transmission choice, color (interior and exterior), OnStar... I think that's about it. I think Monsoon was standard with the GLS. A CD changer, wheel upgrade and suspension upgrade were dealer options.
    Last edited by sirwired; 12-15-2011 at 02:47 PM.

3rd Gear
    ^^^ What he says. Take a close-up photo of the factory sticker located on the spare tire sidewall. Of course remove your spare tire for best viewing access. There's all your option codes, i.e., suspension code, tranny code, paint code, etc., etc. The B-pillar door frame sticker has your date of manufacture, also an important bit of information.

Some where a long time ago, in a far away website, I copied an Excel spread sheet that disclosed the exact number of vehicles with what packages, paint color, FWD vs. AWD etc. I think it's on my old Dell Latitude laptop now only used for Vag-Com. I'm at my office now. I'll see if I can't find the spreadsheet then post here.

Neutral
    Thanks alot guys, would love to see that spreadsheet and I did see the build codes at the spare tire storage. I'll take a pic of it. Bought the car at an auction and don't even know if it's FWD or AWD, can't find anything on the VIN decoder as it has mixed info on it...

4th Gear
    Actually, when I was working at a vw dealer I was able to look up all the build and options info on my 98 in the online VW database / technician service manual.. Unfortuately, I do not have access to it anymore

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by DelGLS View Post
    Thanks alot guys, would love to see that spreadsheet and I did see the build codes at the spare tire storage. I'll take a pic of it. Bought the car at an auction and don't even know if it's FWD or AWD, can't find anything on the VIN decoder as it has mixed info on it...
    If you have AWD, you'll have a "4Motion" badge on the trunk. I believe you'll also have a "donut" spare instead of a full-size, but don't quote me on that...

4th Gear
    I do not think VWoA offered any other suspension on B5 Passats other than 1BA (base). Europe had a sport option 1BE and I think a heavy duty option as well, not sure of the code.

Did VW sell Driver Gear springs for the B5?

4th Gear
    Yes, you could get Sport springs for the B5 from the dealer. It was in the accessories catalog they gave me when buying my B5; they even quoted the price for installation of those parts at the time of purchase.

10. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information