turn signal keeps clicking
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

turn signal keeps clicking

ok so my turn signal recently decided that clicking when the lights were blinking just wasnt enough so it keeps going for another 5-10 clicks after the turn signal is turned off at the speed that it would if a bulb were burnt out

i'm guessing this just means the flasher needs to be replaced, and i believe its behind the hazard button on the dash, but i havent looked at my Bentley to find out yet, just wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with this and maybe any pointers? any help is greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat mrgreek2002's Avatar
    Search threads for turn signal relay, there's tons of them.

3rd Gear
    Been there, done that - on more than just a few occassions. Always ends up being an issue with the turn signal stalk.

Easiest and most effective way to repair is to remove the steering column hard plastic facia pieces. Then turning the steeting wheel will allow access to the turn signal stalk so you can spray some quick drying electronics parts cleaner into the stalk assembly.

As stated prior, there are a few posts regarding just this issue. Beware that taking your car to a dealer will automatically result in a new turn signal stalk, installed, for a cost in excess of $200. A can of CRC QD ELectronic Cleaner and a few minutes to remove the steering column fascia is just as effective.

Neutral
    thanks veemike, yeah definitely wont be going to a VW dealer anytime soon, more than capable of doing anything they can on my own, usually just a matter of tools, pretty much why im on here, so that i can learn from others some of the secrets about the cars, my jeep was so simple compared to my passat for sure

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeMike View Post
    Been there, done that - on more than just a few occassions. Always ends up being an issue with the turn signal stalk.

Easiest and most effective way to repair is to remove the steering column hard plastic facia pieces. Then turning the steeting wheel will allow access to the turn signal stalk so you can spray some quick drying electronics parts cleaner into the stalk assembly.

As stated prior, there are a few posts regarding just this issue. Beware that taking your car to a dealer will automatically result in a new turn signal stalk, installed, for a cost in excess of $200. A can of CRC QD ELectronic Cleaner and a few minutes to remove the steering column fascia is just as effective.
    X2

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

7. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information