CV Joint Bolt question
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

CV Joint Bolt question

Hello all

I have a 2000 b5 ATW w/ a 5hp-19. I recently attempted a trans swap and managed to strip one of the bolts on the transmission. It is the bolt that attaches the CV joint to the trans. I was wondering if the auto and manual share the same bolts?

if so i was going to order them from>>00 2000 Volkswagen Passat CV Joint Bolt - Driveshaft & Axle - OES Genuine - PartsGeek

Thank you for your time
    Mario

Last edited by MariosV_DUB; 07-07-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to give my vehicle info

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    My wife used to have a '98 B5 with auto transmission. I currently have a '99 B5 with a manual tranny. I seem to recall that the front axle bolts were different on her car than mine. I believe the inner CV joint flange is different in thickness between the two types of axles and therefore the bolts may be of different lengths. You should be able to get the correct bolts from the source you listed.

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    My wife used to have a '98 B5 with auto transmission. I currently have a '99 B5 with a manual tranny. I seem to recall that the front axle bolts were different on her car than mine. I believe the inner CV joint flange is different in thickness between the two types of axles and therefore the bolts may be of different lengths. You should be able to get the correct bolts from the source you listed.
    On that listing above it does not show one for the auto, just for the manual. Thats what leads me to believe that they might b the same. ima call them when they open, but thought i check and see if anyone knew off the top of thier head since their is an manual in the local pick and pull

Thanks
    Mario

PZ
    Redline
    I don't think the bolts are the same, but it's been a while since I did an axle on a manual trans Passat.

Neutral
    Thanks for the replys guys, per VW part numbers the bolts are one and the same.

Mario

7. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information