NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2002GLXV6

Thread: Free Service Manual?

3rd Gear

Free Service Manual.

EDIT: Yes, the link is HERE
    Click it, and find your motor code. Don't forget to close the pop-up.

Well, wow, I'm really not sure if everyone already has this and it's just old news or what, but I seem to have stumbled on a full free downloadable repair/service manual for the 1.8Ts, and there are manuals for each motor code. If this is something new, which in some way I'm feeling it isn't, it could surely help everyone out a lot.

#1: Am I allowed to post the link to these files on this forum? I don't want to cause an infraction leading to the moderators getting with me.

#2: If I AM allowed to post the link, I will surely do so or not after the mods tell me the rules of this situation. Thanks!
    Last edited by SleeperWagon; 12-11-2010 at 06:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    Allright, these are documents from VW, but I could get those from my local VW/Audi dealer by asking nicely (I had been using their services for quite a few years) and I don't see why others couldn't also. I do not see why the link could not be published, most of the data they contain can be applied for 20V AEB engines too. Most important things for the everyday house mechanic here would be the detailed part and R&I instructions about the charge pressure system (turbo), vacuum system on atw engines, secondary air injection (SAI) system checking instructions plus cooling and lubrication system component information.
    Last edited by Jimme; 12-11-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Neutral
    Me too

1st Gear
    I'm interested in one for the '07 Passat 2.0T?

1st Gear
    I would great appreciate the manual for the '99 Passat 1.8T. THe motor code for mine is AEB
    Last edited by YungKing; 12-11-2010 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Left out Information

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimme View Post
    Allright, these are documents from VW, but I could get those from my local VW/Audi dealer by asking nicely (I had been using their services for quite a few years) and I don't see why others couldn't also. I do not see why the link could not be published, most of the data they contain can be applied for 20V AEB engines too. Most important things for the everyday house mechanic here would be the detailed part and R&I instructions about the charge pressure system (turbo), vacuum system on atw engines, secondary air injection (SAI) system checking instructions plus cooling and lubrication system component information.
    Well, as you could tell, I wasn't sure about the information in the articles and how it compared to a real Bentley manual, as I find all my information out online. But it is a very specific manual on the lots of information it contains, and with torque settings for each bolt. Just trying to give back to PW.

Super Stealth Retired Moderator JayTheSnork's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Post it up.

3rd Gear
    Now open to all! Thanks Jay Feel free to download and criticize. Don't forget to close the popup.

http://servicemanual.blogspot.com/20...ce-manual.html

(Yeah its for the A4, but all same motor codes as Passats. Same thing.)

Neutral
    That is great, thanks for posting. I have a 1.8 aeb that I am going to rebuild and this is exactly what I need.

1st Gear
    This is great! Thanks!

1st Gear
    Interesting stuff, makes it even better when it's free!

Thanks.

3rd Gear
    Haha no problem guys. Enjoy!

3rd Gear
    sweet thanks man

1st Gear
    nice!!!!!

Neutral
    This is great. Was there a link for the 1.8T 5-speed transmissions?

Neutral
    Has anyone download the repair manual? Any issues with viruses, etc..

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyd View Post
    Has anyone download the repair manual? Any issues with viruses, etc..
    My anti-virus software detected a virus as I tried to download it too

3rd Gear
    Are you serious? Well I have a Mac so I didn't pick up anything. Don't download it if it has a virus... everyone check your Anti Virus software

Neutral
    Good looking out Sleeper, I downloaded it with no virus infection and I even scaned the folder before opeaning it just to be sure and hopefully this would help me out on my quest to fix my car and can you guy please check out my post its http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322472 any suggestion is appreciated.

1st Gear
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but the link appears to be dead for "Download 1.8T 5V AEB & ATW". Does someone have a new link?
    Alternatively, does anyone have a specific service manual for a Passat 1.8T AEB & ATW. The haynes manual I got yesterday is a little lacking I find.

Neutral
    Hmmm...I went to the site, it's a blog actually, but I couldn't see where to go. I saw several embedded ads. No pop up though. I bought my 2010 Passat used at a dealer, and noticed later that there was no manual. I did ask the dealer for a manual and they agreed to give me one. But, I figured I would check this out, since I like non-paper solutions when possible, and the manual might likely sit in my glove box most of the time, so when I'm in the house, I'd like a computer version. So, is the link still working?

3rd Gear
    The links are, as of now, dead. And I restored my computer so I don't think I still have the manual. It was also only for B5 and B5.5 Passats. No B6 or B7 support. Sorry :/

1st Gear
    Anyone else have the B5 Owners Manual in PDF? Can't seem to find that on the internet either!

Do you want the owners Manual or service manual?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Neutral
    A B5 Service manual would be greatly appreciated.

Neutral
    If you have a service manual for a B5.5, I would appreciate that.

Ok, here is a link to lots of service info. However it will require a little work. Volkswagen B5 (PL45): VW Passat B5, Passat B5.5, Audi A4, Passat Lingyu, Passat Lingyu B5, Skoda Superb, , ,
    Now be aware most of the pages are in Russian so you will have to look for the English files, but they are there.

Once you go to the linked page look down the page for Volkswagen Passat B5 (3B) 1996-2001 and Volkswagen Passat B5.5 (3BG) 2001-2005.
    Click on either link the B5 page has more English files and after all there is little differences between the two models.

Look under each main heading for file names in blue that end in (eng). These are the files in English. Just download and save. It's not everything but there's a lot of good stuff!

Also if you look at the column on the left of the page there are other goodies to be found. look near the bottom and you will find a listing for Engines. Click on that and you will find every VW engine ever made. Find yours and download. Hope this helps you guys out.

I would still recommend buying a Bentley manual when you can you can find them used sometimes for 40-50 bucks.

Also as you know PW is a fantastic Passat DIY manual in itself, you just need to spend some time using the search and scrolling through the Information Base.
    GLInick likes this.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002GLXV6 View Post
    Do you want the owners Manual or service manual?
    Actually, I bought a Haynes Manual and will keep an eye out for the used Bentley manual.

However, I would appreciate a copy of the actual Owners Manual in PDF. I would like to have access the manual on the phone and comp, so I am not lugging the owners manual in and out of car. And cursing when I forget it.

You can find an owners manual on the same links above in PDF.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002GLXV6 View Post
    You can find an owners manual on the same links above in PDF.

Sorry to bug you with this. There are tons of files and I tried to read names for everything that had an eng. And didn't find the owners manual.
    I even tried the documentation page here
    , Volkswagen ()
    Last edited by subaron; 02-04-2013 at 07:19 AM.

32. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information