power window fuse #?
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

power window fuse #?

I guess title says it all, I'm trying to find out which fuse controls the power windows as in what number is it, or if their isn't a particular fuse just for it then which relay is responsible and location please...thx guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

2nd Gear
    I'm pretty sure it's fuse #37, and there's no relay. There are window regulator control modules for each door, but they're part of the window motors.

Neutral
    by the way its a 1999 passat 1.8t if that helps

Resident a-hole knowitall
    there is also another hidden fuse for the windows that is buried below the relay box, its a big 30 or 40amp metal fuse that is hard to find.

i know cause Bentley listed it but it took my 15 minutes to trace wires and find it.

2nd Gear
    That 30 amp fuse might be the only one. I have no idea where it is.

yes it is the only one, i've only seen one blow and that was on a flooded car. but if you go under the relay box just above the carpet line buried behind the wires there are 2 30 amp all metal fuses 1 for the monsoon amp and one for the windows. i will try and get a pick if you want one when i get a chance.

2nd Gear
    Here's a scan of the B5 fuse card. The graphic says it's for a '98, but it's the same part number as the fuse card in my '00:

Fuse #6 is for the comfort system control module, and fuse #14 is for the devices that compose the comfort system (but I think only the locks and fuel door release are actually on this fuse).

But, yeah, you'll have to get a pic of the location of the fuse you're looking for from vwb5t.

fuse 14 pretty much runs the entire interior, if its blown, no alarm, locks, windows, lights, remote entry, dash lights i think and a couple other little things like gas door no poppy as well as trunk i think.

4th Gear
    http://passatb5.wikidot.com/fuse-diagram

I'm not sure how accurate this is It seems there are two different versions of the fuse diagram floating around.

please let me know which one it is so i can up date the records.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by vwb5t View Post
    there is also another hidden fuse for the windows that is buried below the relay box, its a big 30 or 40amp metal fuse that is hard to find.

i know cause Bentley listed it but it took my 15 minutes to trace wires and find it.
    More description on where this is? I am helping my boss who has a 2004 wagon with 4Motion and the 1.8T.

Its funny on the regular fuses. You need a cross reference. The first graphic from above is in the car but just gives the fuse number for the particular functions. Then the inside of the fuse cover gives the physical location. The second grahic above is nice because it includes the info from both parts of the cross reference.

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by crash893 View Post
    http://passatb5.wikidot.com/fuse-diagramI'm not sure how accurate this is It seems there are two different versions of the fuse diagram floating around.

please let me know which one it is so i can up date the records.
    The fuse card pictured above and the diagram linked to above have the same information. The diagram on the B5 wiki is identical to what's in the Bentley manual, so it's correct. Are you saying there's a third fuse diagram out there?

Quote Originally Posted by ganseg View Post
    More description on where this is? I am helping my boss who has a 2004 wagon with 4Motion and the 1.8T.
    You could try sending a private message to vwb5t to ask for help. I can think of a few places where the fuse might be (near all the relays), but I don't know it's exact location.

when u are looking at the relay panel below the dash look at the bottom of it and where the carpet meets the panel there is 2 fuses, one fuse runs the monsoon system if equipped the other runs the windows.

14. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information