Crash sensor location
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Crash sensor location

I think the crash sensor is mounted at the same place as the power steering cooler, which is at the front and bottom of the radiator. I'm not sure though, because I found a broken plastic support piece attached to the bolt hole of the P.S. cooler, and because it is broken I can not see if the sensor mounts to it. Look at the picture. This is the crash sensor, right? I think I'd better install this in the right place so it will work properly in the event of a crash.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Normally that's where you'd find the outside air temp sensor, but that doesn't look like it.

There's a lateral crash sensor further back in the body of the car, in the passenger compartment.

Looking in the ETKA... why yes, that's your outside air temp sensor, looks different from mine...

Neutral
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCar View Post
    Normally that's where you'd find the outside air temp sensor, but that doesn't look like it.

There's a lateral crash sensor further back in the body of the car, in the passenger compartment.

Looking in the ETKA... why yes, that's your outside air temp sensor, looks different from mine...
    Great. Good to know. I'll just strap that to the Power Steering cooler lines with a zip tie, since it's only a temperature sensor.
    Thanks GreenCar.

Neutral
    Presumably you'd get an error code when scanning with VAG-COM if a crash sensor was out, right?

6. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information