Oil Loss Whith White Smoke
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    1st Gear

Oil Loss Whith White Smoke

hey .i have passat 2000 ATW after my mom crash my engine i bought new engine whith 35000k on it my promblem is oil loss.. i have APR stage1 2.5 inch ekhaust test pipe it use like 1quater oil between oil chenge every 3000k and white smoke come out when i move from trafic light.. no liks all gaskets are ok cranc.. brether new.. i have FORGE spliter dv wnen i turnet to hold more boost ..i think more smoke coming out.. that can be springs? or turbo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Holy shit dude. I can't read this. This is making my eyes bleed. You're going to get more help if you could explain your problem a bit more coherently.

1st Gear
    x2

Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by tasin1064 View Post
    hey .i have passat 2000 ATW after my mom crash my engine i bought new engine whith 35000k on it my promblem is oil loss.. i have APR stage1 2.5 inch ekhaust test pipe it use like 1quater oil between oil chenge every 3000k and white smoke come out when i move from trafic light.. no liks all gaskets are ok cranc.. brether new.. i have FORGE spliter dv wnen i turnet to hold more boost ..i think more smoke coming out.. that can be springs? or turbo?
    Gibberish-to-English translator, Mk I

Hey! I have a 2000 Passat with the ATW engine. After my mom crashed my engine, I bought new engine with 35,000k on it. My problem is oil loss. I have an APR stage 1 chip, and a 2.5 inch exhaust test pipe. (My car) uses like quart of oil between oil changes (every 3000k) and white smoke comes out when I move away from the traffic light. No leaks, all gaskets are OK, crankcase breather is new. I have a FORGE splitter DV. When I turn it to hold more boost, I think more smoke comes out. Can that be springs? Or the turbo?

1st Gear
    Wow he was talking about oil loss...

Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukabron View Post
    Wow he was talking about oil loss...
    So it would seem, but ideally you should do a reverse translation and re-check to be sure. I'd still like to know which springs cause oil loss.

In the meantime, a quart in 3000 miles is a lot for a newish engine but not actually out of spec - My very high mileage ATW uses about that much (though it doesn't smoke at all). Actually, with white smoke, shouldn't he be watching his coolant?

1st Gear
    coolant is ok ..

3rd Gear
    Oil does not produce white smoke. Water does. Burning oil produces blue smoke. A little white smoke from the tailpipe on a cold engine is fine, but on a hot engine it indicates that coolant is entering the combustion chamber. I suggest you have a mechanic perform a compression test and a coolant leakdown test.

What is making you think "coolant is ok"?

To give you some perspective, my V6 goes through 1 quart of oil every 2500-3000 miles, and I've never seen smoke.

1st Gear
    i cheking my coolant every 5k it is ok .. in normal level.. mybe piston rings.. becouse engine was stay for 4-5 years.. or turbo ? but car runs great?

2nd Gear

Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by tasin1064 View Post
    .. becouse engine was stay for 4-5 years..
    OK, I frickin' give up - speak english! Do you mean to say that the engine was stored for four or five years without running?

1st Gear
    yes

3rd Gear
    You may want to take it to a mechanic that speaks whatever your native tongue is. I'm not sure you're listening to our advice, and you seem to have some trouble explaining yourself. I'm telling you that it sounds like a coolant leak, and you're coming back with piston rings, springs of mystery origin, or the turbo, seemingly without any understanding of what any of that has to do with anything.

Good luck.

15. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information