Where to find OBD port?
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sevenVT

Thread: Where to find OBD port?

Neutral

Where to find OBD port?

Where do I find the OBD port on my 2003 Passat 4-Motion Wagon? Just can't seem to locate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

2nd Gear
    If you are sitting in the driver's seat, it is by your left shin or knee depending on how tall you are.

Resident a-hole knowitall
    put your hand on the light switch follow the knee bolster down until you are underneath it where it flattens out move your hand to the right until you find it. or just look at the bottom of the knee bolster on the drivers side from kneeling on outside the car with the drivers door open.

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    OMG......Read the manual and search for a dumbass question like that....Oh yeah you have to put gas in your car too
    Last edited by pson; 01-04-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: For Rusty

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by pson View Post
    OMG......Read the manual and search for a dumbass question like that....Oh yeah you have to put gas in your car too
    Rude, this response is not necessary.

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    [QUOTE=sevenVT;1881422]Rude, this response is not necessary.[/QUOTE Bull this is worst then CAI and OIL questions and the guy has 35 posts. If he had one post maybe but 35...come on.
    Last edited by pson; 01-04-2008 at 01:50 PM. Reason: For Rusty

2nd Gear
    OMG, DOES IT MATTER WHAT KIND OF GAS I PUT IN IT???????

2nd Gear
    Bull this is worst then CAI and OIL questions and the guy has 35 posts. If he had one post maybe but 35...come on.
    You've now made two post in this thread and neither have been useful, I can only imagine that you have easily made 35 of the same at some point in your tenure here. Try to be a little bit more understanding. The obd port is nowhere close to being as common sense to anyone who hasn't seen it before or is new to modding their car.
    MikeyFresh likes this.

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenVT View Post
    You've now made two post in this thread and neither have been useful, I can only imagine that you have easily made 35 of the same at some point in your tenure here. Try to be a little bit more understanding. The obd port is nowhere close to being as common sense to anyone who hasn't seen it before or is new to modding their car.
    Sort of off topic, isn't there a regulation that requires the ODBII port be within one meter of the ignition switch?

Edited: Found the answer here:

Where is the connector located?

The connector must be located within three feet of the driver and must not require any tools to be revealed. Look under the dash and behind ashtrays.
    Last edited by jjs1978; 12-28-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Found my answer

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    Quote Originally Posted by jjs1978 View Post
    OMG, DOES IT MATTER WHAT KIND OF GAS I PUT IN IT???????
    Well if the guy has been a member here for 3 years and he can't find the ODB 2 socket.

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    Sort of off topic, isn't there a regulation that requires the ODBII port be within one meter of the ignition switch?
    He was banned RIP
    Last edited by pson; 01-04-2008 at 12:39 PM.

2nd Gear
    Well if the guy has been a member here for 3 years and he can't find the ODB 2 socket.
    Its really none of your concern, you don't ram people off the road for forgetting their blinker, there is -no- reason to cyber bully here, its a car forum, we love the cars, lets try NOT to alienate people just because they aren't familiar. An appropriate reply would read

"Try the search function and/or the reading the manual in the future as the information you are looking for can be found there"

Which really... obd won't search anyways, so maybe you need to just keep it to yourself.

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    He was banned RIP

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    Its really none of your concern, you don't ram people off the road for forgetting their blinker, there is -no- reason to cyber bully here, its a car forum, we love the cars, lets try NOT to alienate people just because they aren't familiar. An appropriate reply would read

"Try the search function and/or the reading the manual in the future as the information you are looking for can be found there"

Which really... obd won't search anyways, so maybe you need to just keep it to yourself.
    Sorry dad

2nd Gear
    Sorry dad
    If at 25 years old I can seem like your Dad, he needs to pull your internet access.

$t0rm1n n0rm@n
    He was banned RIP

2nd Gear

Edited: Found the answer here:

Where is the connector located?

The connector must be located within three feet of the driver and must not require any tools to be revealed. Look under the dash and behind ashtrays.
    Thanks, thats great information, though I knew where the obd port is for a long time I did not know that there was a regulated distance. Thanks again.

Resident a-hole knowitall
    wow just wow at this thread thats all i can say way to make an a$$ out of yourself over a simple question, if you have issues with someone and the question they have just let it go man and look at a different thread

Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    Where do I find the OBD port on my 2003 Passat 4-Motion Wagon? Just can't seem to locate it.
    Isn't Yellowknife where ice truckers is filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplezr2 View Post
    Isn't Yellowknife where ice truckers is filmed.
    yep. And to add to the 3 years thing. Not everybody hangs out here everyday. Some people have a problem, look it up post a cople of things and never come back until something else creeps up on them. He's probably working on those Ice road trucks and doesn't have time to look on here.

Oh, Snap! somebody got banned....
    Last edited by VAGguy; 12-29-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: couldn't resist

1st Gear
    Why is there a CEL in the coin tray? never noticed it before till just a bit ago.

nevermind, i searched and found my answer

In reverse, but chained to a tree.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VAGguy View Post
    Oh, Snap! somebody got banned....

i felt this was appropriate.

Neutral
    My owners manual says "The OBDII port is somewhere located to the right of the ignition switch" page 100 1999 passat owners manual.So this post helped me when it is clearly to the left of the ignition switch. Also dumb ass is two words not one. Brian P thank for asking the question I needed!

PZ
    Redline
    You really needed to resurrect a 4 year old post for that?

26. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information