2005 Passat Cabin Air Filter Location
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

2005 Passat Cabin Air Filter Location

Is it possible that this item was discontinued for 2005 model year?

I'm lookin' but can't find one. Changed the one in my 2002 Jetta a couple of times, but can't find it on the 2005 GLX 4mo V6 wagon.

Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I think there is a cover over the filter. Mine is by my passenger side wiper. Just pop the hood and look for a cover. Slide it to the left, look inside it should be there.

Neutral
    The sliding cover is for the battery'

Whee-doggie, that is a bodacious cover that's gotta come off, somehow.

Thanx

2nd Gear
    You have to remove the entire panel that includes the battery cover. Its on the pasenger side tucked halfway under. It's held in place with a black clip, don't let it fall in the engine bay.

Neutral
    Hate to keep beating this dead horse, but is the large cover just held down by clips?

Thanx

2nd Gear
    You have to remove part of the rubber seal that runs the length of the firewall, the other side of the cover just slips under the panel that holds the wipers. After you remove the seal (it joins up with the other part at the corners) gently pull up and foward to remove the cover, you'll then see the Cabin filter. Its held in place with a black clip, pull it up. The filter snaps into palce via tabs at the sides. It's very important that you reinstall it properly and make sure that it is securely in place. If not water can seep into your glove box and or passenger foot well.

Neutral
    Greyvariant, I appreciate your replies.
    Thanx again.

2nd Gear
    No prob. Just make sure and install it properly, some Passat owners have had the unfortunate occurance of water collecting in their glove boxes and passenger footwells. And damp VW carpet and insulation ain't easy on the nose.

As you changing the filter you may also want to check your slush screen for debris, it tends to collect after time. Also make sure your sunroof drain tubes are not stuck together, stuck ones will force water to collect in the passenger footwell too. Check the Driver's side as well. Just run some WD40 inside the tubes.

5th Gear
    On the bottom side of the plastic covering near the battery there is what looks like a sensor of some kind wired to the battery that clips on to the plastic cover. What is that?

11. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information