Best Chip for 2000 1.8T?
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

Best Chip for 2000 1.8T?

I have a 2000 VW Passat 1.8T (ATW) and was wondering what the best (safest and cheapest) chip was for my car. I have been looking at the following chips: neuspeed 1.1bar, giac, and apr 1.0bar. Please let me know if there are any other chips on the market. Has anyone heard anything bad about the neuspeed chips, pretty new to my knowledge. Please help me out.

Thanks,
    Adam Purtee

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

5th Gear
    Don't forget Wett and Upsolute. They are both good chips and at an unbeatable price. Use the search function and you'll find lots of good info on all of those chips and lots of previous threads debating their pros and cons. Good luck.

3rd Gear
    I asked the same question about 2 months ago...

Of course, everyone is going to tell you that the chip they bought is the best... and I'm no exception. Go with APR.
    They aren't the cheapest, but they're the most reliable.

At the end of the day, the best chip is the one that is closest to your house (in case you do have any problems).
    If you have a bunch of options close by, then get the one with the best price.

Jimmy

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8Tb5
    I have a 2000 VW Passat 1.8T (ATW) and was wondering what the best (safest and cheapest) chip was for my car. I have been looking at the following chips: neuspeed 1.1bar, giac, and apr 1.0bar. Please let me know if there are any other chips on the market. Has anyone heard anything bad about the neuspeed chips, pretty new to my knowledge. Please help me out.

Thanks,
    Adam Purtee
    i've run wett for 4 years...no problems...currently im running giac with my k04 kit, though i also have the wett k04 chip as well.

personally i would only ever put wett, APR or GIAC in my car.

Wett = conservative
    Giac = aggressive
    APR = middle of the road

you cant go wrong with any of those choices. each vendor has different flavors, such as socketing, multiple programs on a chip(valet, race, chipped, stock..etc) and other features. these features probably will drive your decision.

make sure to start using mobil-1 synthetic motor oil and permium gas after you chip.

good luck

wst
    3rd Gear
    I love my APR and I would definately go with them again. It was a very nice supprise to see what kind of power I actually gained. Everyone will swear by their own and I am no different. I love my APR chip!

1st Gear
    I've got GIAC, been running it for 5 years now, no problems

the deal finder!
    i have giac on my '00 1.8t, and love it. haven't tried any others, so can't comment on them.

PZ
    Redline
    If you want cheap,Wett is only $295. The downside it you have to pull the ECU and send it to them. Call them,you might be close enough to drive in. They are in Valpariso (sp?) IN.

Neutral
    Pz-
    Do you have the number and web address for Wett?

Adam Purtee

1st Gear
    www.chip-tuning.com for wett

or call kelly at 219-477-6806

2nd Gear
    I think customer service is as important as the actual chip and programming itself. I went with GIAC installed by Dubwerks in Libertyville IL. It isn't much farther than Valpo for you. I have since moved to Georgia and had my beloved B5 totalled. I bought another one, and Dubwerks has been great with getting me up and running again. They gave me credit for the chip I already bought, and all kinds of assistance with the install. Rich and Katie are top notch. (www.dubwerks.com)

13. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information