wobbling feeling all around, and shaky steering wheel??
NEWS

+ Reply to Thread
    Neutral

wobbling feeling all around, and shaky steering wheel??

when i am driving my car, especially at low speeds, both the steering wheel feels shaky and the whole car seems to be wobbly. almost feels like a bent rim, but when i rotated the tires (front to back) it didn't go away. so that basically eliminates anything with rims/tires. right? the wobbling seems to stay when i put the car in neutral and i'm still moving, so i know its nothing with the transmission/engine. I have to get the left lower control arm replaced because its been sqeeking, could that make the car feel shaky and bumpy to? :???: :-P

2. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Neutral
    the sqweek is a fault< but I took off the retaining ring, and I pulled back the rubber then shot it full of grease and that seemed to fix my sqweek. As for the wobble and shake check your tie rods and also check to see if the lugs are tight.

HTH

1st Gear
    I have the same problem. I had it checked by VW a few times. They said there is nothing wrong with my suspension, control arm, or tie rods. I was wondering if your car seems to shake more than usual when it is windy or when you a behind a tractor trailer? I notice that the front end wobbles a lot in these conditions.

5th Gear
    re-balance tires
    check tire PSI
    edit: alignment

:weirdo:

6th Gear
    stop driving behind tractor trailers.

1st Gear
    Just a thought if nothing else works - I wonder if you might have some sort of tire malfunction (internal separation, etc.). Maybe get your tires spin-balanced by a quality shop to at least eliminate a possible. I've experienced separation problems (Michelins I think), and IIRC, the syptoms were sorta like yours. I've had problems getting wheels/tires balanced properly on my Audis and also several Legends, years ago. Even the dealers couldn't seem to get it right. Those cars seemed to be _very_ sensitive to _very_ slight imbalances.

HTH

Neutral
    The tires are basically brand new, and the ones that were on it before this seemed to do the same thing. That makes me think its not the tires. So once I get the lower control arm replaced i'm going to make sure everything is good, get them balanced (again) and I guess just deal with it. Unless someone else knows whats up? :bow:

Neutral
    Get your ball joints checked when you are have the control arm looked at. How many miles on your car?

1st Gear
    Wheel bearing?

3rd Gear
    check for looseness in your front end, you might have some loose ball joints :sad:

Neutral
    the car has 95,000 miles on it. i had it checked and my independent shop said it was the balljoints that were bad, i am going to get them replaced asap.

13. Remove Advertisements
    VW Passat Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information