Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

2014 TDI SEL finally got it!

8K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  passatpapasito 
#1 · (Edited)
very happy so far.. just figuring out how everything works! got 100,000 mile extended warranty and 5 years prepaid maintenance for half price!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice! I wanted Opera Red but the wife wanted Night Blue. It was her car, so her choice.

#8 ·
so far my average MPG is hovering around 37.2.. I take the freeway in to work.. about 15 miles... then back roads and city streets about 35 miles on the way home ( have to go out of the way to pick up the kid and then stay off the freeway due to heavy traffic).. very happy so far.. might hav to get fuel on Friday for the first time.. dealer filled it up almost 3 weeks ago!

#10 ·
Certainly a beautiful color! I tried to get one as well but NLA. Go figure. I have a 2014 in Night Blue/Black coming this week from Paul Clark VW in Brockton Mass. It is a 6 speed manual. I have a Webasto sunroof being installed. Don't you love that feeling just before you cut a hole in a perfectly good roof? I'll install the factory fogs next weekend. The 2014 Passat Sport 19" wheels are calling to me. I can't say enough good things about Paul Clark VW! If you are thinking of getting a VW these guys are the best. No BS!

#11 ·
To me, this car doesn't warrant the need for a manual. It feels like a cruiser for which a DSG would do nicely. I am so spoiled with the SEL premium that I would now never accept anything less. BTW, my '14 has the same color combo.

#13 ·
:whistle: :rockon:

Are the fronts tinted, but in a lighter shade?

Tinted windows are excellent to keep the car cooler, vision clearer in the daytime, and UV off the interior, but the dark tint makes it so hard seeing out at night. When driving my old Jetta, I have to roll the fronts down to see what's left and right of me, which just makes me :crazy: :taz: especially in bad weather. It came with all the side and back windows dark tinted (it was used). Was considering having at least the fronts switched to something lighter, but now that my younger daughter is driving it and paying me monthly to buy it, I haven't gotten around to seeing if she wants that done. Keeps slipping my mind.

#14 ·
I am considering the LED lights for DRL, taillights and turn signals, not sure if I need them for the interior since it's already bright enough for me. I install HID's in my previous 2010 Prius IV - it was a simple plug/play - no splicing of wires - which is something I don't want to get into since I'm not very handy at all. We're they easy to install? I was also offered the extended warranty at purchase but declined, but no prepaid maintenance. May I ask how it costs, and is it just through your dealer or something I can purchase elsewhere?

#16 ·
the LED interiors were failrly easy to install .. the tail and braked lights were plug and play.. the fron turns were a different story.. the ones I ordered were a little bigger than the hole in the light housing, so I had to trim the bulbs down to fit with a dremel If you get any LED bulbs for the front, if they pass through a 3/4inch closed end wrench, then they will fit through the hole.. if they get stuck in the wrench, you will need to trim them .. if you don't , then you will get one stuck in the light housing and then will need to remover the assembly to get it out ( I speak from experience, lol)

#20 ·
I agree, a TDI Tiguan would be a great seller! It would compete with the BMW/Mercedes/Audi - maybe why they don't offer it? They don't want to poach sales from Audi? Maybe at next redesign it will be offered. However I think the new Golf wagon will be hot. I test drove the current Jetta wagon TDI - it was bit too small for me but it did drive great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.