Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

I would like to make my daytime running lights brighter

10K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  PZ 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to make my daytime running lights brighter using VAG-COM? I have a 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium with after market HID chinese headlights. They look like the Audi A8 style which has a LED strip for the daytime running lights. They look great except for the LED daytime running light strip. It could be brighter during the day.

I would like the LED daytime running light strip to be brighter during the day and maybe off at night when headlights are on. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I have the VAG-COM cable and latest software and I heard somewhere else that it can be done. I just don'k know how.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen Volkswagen passat

See less See more
#2 ·
Light emitting diodes can be made brighter by adding more current to a point but then some point they will burn out or they will fry and you probably don't want to do that because the manufacturer is likely using them at or near their optimum current rating and if they're not bright it's because frankly they just weren't very bright LEDs spec'd during manufacturing

#4 ·
For the newer cars, it's a value "Central Electronics" or "Central Convenience" in VAGCOM. When you're in that section, you go under Adaptation or Coding IIRC. Once you're there, there are a whole bunch of options you can play with, but the brightness of the DRLs is usually set at 80% voltage. You can increase that through the coding.

Just look up "coding central electronics mkv jetta" and you'll get all the guides that are probably applicable to the B7. I've often times found that VAG doesn't change things drastically in terms of electronics.

#7 ·
Did the DRL power adjustment yesterday and it was quite easy even for me (limited computer skills). We also did the same mod for the rear bulbs and added the window and sunroof close to the remote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.