Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

I guess I'm a B7 owner now...

Tags
guess now owner
9K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  VAGguy 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 14 Passat TDI SEL Premium tonight.
Night blue with black interior. Still can't compare to my b5s in ride refinement and handling, but good enough for the wife.
Bad pic.

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol. I just sent you that pic

#6 ·
Yeah A4 went bye bye.

#8 ·
We didn't get out of there until almost 2200. I'll get some today

#12 ·
Actually a NMS, not a B7.
I'm sick of the NMS vs B7 thing. The rest of the world has an updated facelift B6 as a B7, fine. But since this is the 7th generation of Passat for those in NA, this is the B7 (which was code named NMS during production). The last time there was a facelift, it was given a .5 designation. So why isn't the rest of the world on B6.5 while we're on B7?

The only reason it matters is for buying parts, because US B7 != Euro B7.

Congrats on the new B7, nice color!

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks! It's the wife's car so I'm not worried about the handling or anything. It'll make a nice highway cruiser. She's looking at putting up to 30k a year on it so mpg in the mid 40s, $.51 a mile and diesel prices lower than premium will basically pay for the car. Loving the DSG and the crazy low end torque compared to my 1.8Ts. makes passing a breeze.

#15 ·
Yeah, yeah. Getting around to it.

#17 ·
Not if I get her some snow tires....

#21 ·
Yep. Its the wife's car. Likely staying 100% stock. I don't mind

#23 ·

That is actual mileage and trip mileage. Very first tank of fuel. Not bad for 50/50 city hwy

#25 ·
Very nice. I just traded my 2012 in the midnight blue in for a 2014 TDI. I actually got comparable range on the first tank. About 42 average according to the computer mfi. I am seeing as high as 52 mpg on road trips at 70 mph. Overall, extremely pleased withe the performance and mileage. (Way more power than the 2.5l that I traded)
Hope you enjoy! BTW....ordered a set of Lloyds Lux mats online and they are great if you want a step up in comfort.

#26 ·
Nah. Got monster mats for $65. Love them.

#27 ·
Get it flashed and not only will the right foot become heavier but the fuel efficiency you attain will likely increase. One of the great things about a TDI. The epitome of "drive it like it's hawt!" Swing on over to tdiclub.com and read about Malone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.